Drivy is Europe’s #1 car-sharing platform with over 2 million users and 50,000 cars in 6 countries. We give city-dwellers convenient access to shared cars in their neighborhood that they can unlock with their phones - while also liberating city spaces from unused parked cars. We’re constantly expanding to new cities, optimizing our service and apps, and improving the customer experience, so we’re on the lookout for smart, passionate, and creative people to join our international team (with over 20 nationalities!).
As a Data Scientist in our Product department, you will tackle some of the hardest quantitative challenges at Drivy and have a decisive impact on Drivy’s growth. You will combine clear product vision, deep technical skills, and rigorous analysis to build core algorithms of our two-sided marketplace.
Some of the key use cases are:
- Pricing: recommend the ideal prices for our car owners.
- Search engine: dynamically rank and filter cars to maximize conversion.
- Fraud detection: detect user fraudulent behavior and keep harmful users away from the platform.
- Experimentation: Improve the statistical methodology behind our experimentation platform to ensure that our understanding of product changes is rigorous and accurate
You’ll report to Guillemette Maillère, our Head of Data and will take on many challenges:
What you'll work on
- Collaborate with a strong team of engineers, product managers and data analysts in a cross-functional squad.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis to assess opportunities
- Evaluate possible approaches to solve real-life business challenge with data products.
- End-to-end ownership of your models: from data collection, building feature and algorithms, improving models to working hands in hands with engineers to put your models in production.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance
- Collaborate with the Data Engineering team to evolve the data stack for new challenges: our stack has solid foundations but we’re just getting started with user-facing data products. Our current stack: Airflow, Snowflake, Python, Spark, Jupyter notebooks
What you'll bring to the table
- You’ve already developed machine learning models at scale and have a proven ability to tailor machine learning solutions to business challenges and user needs in a cross-functional team (which usually means several years of experience).
- Solid understanding of statistics
- Strong experience in programming (Python preferred).
- Keen eye for details and thoughtful investigations of data before relying upon it
- You are pragmatic and take an iterative approach to build and deliver models
- You’re a team player, have excellent communication skills, understand the value of collaboration and work well within a team
- Fluent written and spoken English
We think you'll also appreciate this:
- Getting to learn from your peers and to share your knowledge on the blog and in our internal presentations
- A ticket to one technical conference of your choice each year
- Free non fiction books and access to our growing library
- Headquarter in the center of Paris
- Offices in Berlin, London and Barcelona
- We often organize meetups in our office
- Tickets restaurants, good mutuelle...
- "Hack days" a few times in the year to experiment with new technologies and ideas
- A front row seat to witness the disruption of car ownership