Back to jobs listings
Engineering - Paris - Full-time
We believe in a world where all cars are shared. Carsharing empowers people to get going in a smarter, easier way, while also having a positive impact on the environment and making cities more liveable. It’s this vision that propels us forward and inspires us to think even bigger.
Since April 2019, Drivy is now part of Getaround. Together, we’re the world's leading carsharing
platform with a community of more than 5 million users sharing over 11,000 connected cars across 7 countries.
Our team is collaborative, positive, curious, and engaged. We think fast, work smart, laugh often, and are looking for like-minded people to join us in our mission to disrupt car ownership and make cities better.
You will participate in building an app that is changing the mobility landscape in Europe and scale to millions of users, and by joining the engineering team (27 brilliant people!) you’ll take on many challenges
We’re looking for someone who is not only well versed in Android development, but also has a strong understanding of good UX. You have worked with all the components of an Android app, from client-server communication to UI.
What motivates you the most is to have a direct impact on users, you are details-oriented and strive on building great software.
What you'll work on
• Work closely with our product and design teams to deliver great user experience and pixel-perfect interfaces
• Work on great features that make car rental easy and frictionless
• Keep our UI smooth
• Improve our delivery process with tests, continuous integration, automated screenshots
• Keep our tech stack state of the art: we always evaluate what is best for our needs (RxAndroid, Retrofit)
This role is remote-friendly, but you’ll be required to come to our Paris office - either one day a week or two days every two weeks - to collaborate with the team face-to-face.
Our Tech Stack
- Kotlin, Java
- Circle CI
What you'll bring to the table:
- Experience shipping at least one excellent Android app, ideally currently available on Google Play
- Deep understanding of the Android SDK
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Strong object-oriented and architectural skills
- Deep understanding of good UX
- Great communication skills
- Able to communicate in English
What we offer:
- A solid engineering team with a lot of experience
- The peace of mind of a large test suite and pull requests to stay sane and ship often
- Getting to learn from your peers and to share your knowledge on the blog and in our internal presentations every two weeks
- A ticket to one technical conference of your choice each year
- Open source projects are being extracted from the codebase when appropriate
- We'll buy any non fiction books you want to read, and you'll get access to our growing library
- Offices in Paris, San Francisco, Berlin, London, Barcelona, New York...
- We often organise meetups in our office
- Tickets restaurants, a good health insurance
- "Hack days" to experiment with new technologies and ideas as well as other team events
No need for a resume, but Linkedin, Twitter and Github usernames are appreciated!